The filing period for elderly and totally disabled taxpayers begins February 1st and ends May 15th.
- Homeowners over age 65 (or surviving spouse over age 50) and the disabled (i.e.; total disability as defined by the Social Security program)
- Must be a Connecticut resident for at least one year and Old Lyme must be your primary residence
- Married taxpayers with a qualifying income less than $46,400
- Single taxpayers with an income less than $38,100
- Description: The percentage reduction and maximum/minimum credit are based on income CGS 12-170(aa) -12-170(cc)
This is a biannual program, if you are currently receiving a benefit you will receive a letter indicating it is your year to re-apply.
Please contact the Assessors Office at 860-434-1605, ext. 219 for questions regarding eligibility.
For additional information please follow the below links to the State of Connecticut website: