Applying for a Marriage License
Couples wishing to marry in the State of Connecticut must apply at the Town Clerk’s office in the town where the marriage will take place. If you wish to be married in the Town of Old Lyme, please complete a copy of the Marriage License Application (PDF). Email the Town Clerk your completed application along with your driver's license.
Please call our office to set up an appointment to obtain your marriage license.
- Applicants must appear in person.
- Photo identification is required.
- The license is valid for 65 days from the date of issuance.
- The fee for the license is $50 payable by check or cash.
- Certified copies are $20 each and can be pre-ordered at the time of application.