- 5 pm
- 3rd Wednesday of every month
- Old Lyme Memorial Town Hall
52 Lyme Street
Old Lyme, CT 06371
The Affordable Housing Commission was established in January 2021 as the successor to the Affordable Housing Exploratory Committee. Appointments to the Commission were made by the Board of Selectmen in April 2021, and the Commission began regular meetings in May 2021. Monthly meetings are held on the third Wednesday of each month, and are open to the public.
The Commission's top priorities for 2021-2022 include:
- Preparing an Affordable Housing Plan that will "specify how the municipality intends to increase the number of affordable housing developments in the municipality" as required under state law (C.G.S. Sec. 8-30j).
- Participating in the Regional Housing Plan project being led by RiverCOG.
- Development - exercising the option to build two units of affordable housing on the McCulloch Family Open Space by 2024.
- Funding - the Commission recently applied for and was awarded a $15K planning grant by the CT Department of Housing.