Town Department Information

While the Town Hall is closed due to the COVID-19 outbreak we want to ensure that residents have access to the information you need. 

Assessors Office

Field Cards and maps can be emailed, there will be no fee for any of these services.

For more detailed information from the Assessors Office please visit their webpage.

Phone: (860) 434-1605 ext. 219


Building Department

• All online permitting will remain unaffected and operational as normal. 

• All payments will be made by check only (no cash accepted) by mail or drop slot in the front door.

• All non-essential inspections shall be postponed until the Town Hall resumes normal procedures. Non-essential inspections would include, solar installs, basement remodels, water heaters, mini splits, deck finals, etc.

• Contractors should continue to call for all regular inspections needed as to not impede work schedules and photographs will be accepted on case by case basis. Contractors shall consolidate inspections as much as possible.  Regular inspection examples: footings, rebar, electric services, rough wiring, rough plumbing, insulation, etc. Safe separation distance will always be maintained during all inspections.

Phone: (860) 434-1605 ext. 213


First Selectman's Office

If you need a Transfer Station sticker please fill out this form and email it, along with a picture or copy of your car registration, to You can also mail both items to: Town of Old Lyme, ATTN: Michele Hayes, 52 Lyme Street, Old Lyme, CT 06371.

If you are looking for a pistol permit application you can download that here. Once it is complete you can send it to Michele Hayes by email or mail using the information above.

Boards, Commissions, and Committee meetings are canceled or postponed unless otherwise specified on the town calendar. If a meeting is held it will be conducted virtually, the public will have access, and it will be properly noticed with the Town Clerk.

Phone: (860) 434-1605 ext. 212


Harbor Management

All 2020 Moorings will require updated proof of inspection before permits will be approved, and 2020 decals provided. Click here for full details including the 2020 mooring permit application, the 2020 mooring inspection form, and the 2020 mooring tackling specs.

Questions? Email

Health Department

For all Health Department related questions please visit the Ledge Light Health District webpage.

Phone: (860) 448-4882

Parks and Recreation

Due to recent developments concerning COVID-19, it has been decided that Town of Old Lyme facilities will be closed to all Team/Group use until further notice. These Facilities include Town Woods Park, Hains Park and Cross Lane Park.

Phone: (860) 434-1605 ext. 235


Senior Center

The Lymes' Senior Center is currently closed. The Town Nurse will be available from 11:15am to 1:15pm Monday through Friday by phone at (860)857-1346. Nursing Visits will NOT take place at the Senior Center while we are in Closure. In addition the Old Lyme VNA will be available to pick up medication for seniors at risk or that are sick in the towns of Old Lyme and Lyme. Call Cindi Taylor, OL VNA Executive Director between 10 am - 2 pm at (860) 876-0456 to arrange delivery. No opiates can be picked up by the VNA.

Those normally eating lunch at the Center will be able to order a lunch "to go" through the Estuary Senior Center in Old Saybrook by calling (860)388-1611 x 216 before 11:00 AM on the Monday before the week. Those wishing to use this service can pick it up curb side at the Lymes' Senior Center's on Tuesday's between 11:30 - 12:30 PM. One reservation will provide 5 frozen meals.


Social Services

Social services coordinator Jen Datum is working with the Lymes' Youth Services Bureau to provide a coordinated approach to community needs during this crisis. Please feel free to reach out to her if you need help or would like to volunteer.

Phone: (860) 434-1605 ext. 228


Town Clerk

Land Recordings

• Can be sent via U.S. Mail

• Drop slot in front door of Town Hall (sealed envelope with your contact information and to attention Town Clerk)

Title Searching

Our land records are viewable on-line through recordhub.

Birth, Death & Marriage License Requests

• Can be sent via U.S. Mail. Click here to access the forms.

Applying for a Marriage License

• By appointment only (860) 434-1605 ext. 220

Funeral Homes

• By appointment only (860) 434-1605 ext. 220

Phone: (860) 434-1605 ext. 220


Transfer Station

The Transfer Station remains open normal hours. Payment by check is preferred to reduce the risk of spreading germs to staff. Please remain in your vehicle when you arrive.