The Town of Old Lyme has a zero tolerance policy regarding dog licensing. Pursuant to C.G.S. §22-338 et seq., all dogs over the age of 6 months must be licensed annually in their town of residence. Dog licenses are issued by the Town Clerk in the month of June and are valid from July 1st through June 30th.
- Licenses will not be issued without proof of current rabies vaccination.
- The license fee for a neutered/spayed dog is $8.00 and the fee for an unaltered dog is $19.00. Kennel licenses are $51.00.
- There is a $1.00 per month late fee after June 30th.
- License renewals are due the month of June. The Town Clerk mails reminder notices to owners of currently licensed dogs. If your dog is deceased, no longer in your possession or you moved out of Old Lyme, please notify the Town Clerk so that we can update our records.
- Town Clerk’s office accepts cash or checks payable to the Town of Old Lyme.
Contact the Town Clerk’s office (860) 434-1605, ext. 220 with any questions about dog licensing.