In order to apply for a 60-day temporary Pistol Permit from the Town of Old Lyme, the following conditions need to be met:
- A completed Pistol Permit Application (must be notarized)
- A recent National Rifle Association (NRA) Certificate
- Signed & dated (on bottom of each page) FBI Privacy Act Statement packet (3 pages)
- 1 Fingerprint Card (Fingerprints can either be done at the Old Lyme Police Department or you can schedule an appointment with the State Police using this link)
- 2 separate Certified Checks or Money Orders made payable to "Treasurer - State of CT" (1 check for $75 and 1 check for $13.25)
Once these items are processed through the Federal and State agencies, there will be a $70 charge due to the Town of Old Lyme. You will receive a 60-day temporary permit which needs to be submitted in person at the State of Connecticut Department of Public Safety at 1111 Country Club Road, Middletown, CT, in order to receive a pistol permit, valid for 5 years. Full details are available within the Pistol Permit Application.
If you have any questions please call Michele Hayes at (860) 434-1605 ext. 212 or email@example.com.