The Old Lyme Board of Selectmen will be providing periodic updates for the Old Lyme community as we navigate and plan for what is and will be a challenging time. Please use the links on the Town of Old Lyme website to volunteer, request help, find information on the status of town services, and on State, local and regional directives.
• On March 16, 2020 a Declaration of Local Emergency was signed by First Selectman Timothy Griswold. Additionally, the First Selectman issued an Executive Order to close or modify the availability of town facilities.
• Town Hall is closed to the public but staff is available to respond to your needs via phone. Please be patient and we will try to return your calls as soon as possible.
• Communication is being enhanced to quickly share important information with the community. Sign up for Covid-19 Emergency Phone SMS/Text Notifications here.
• A task force to oversee the community response is being led by the First Selectman's Office, the Town of Old Lyme Social Services Department, and the Lymes' Youth Service Bureau. To sign up as a volunteer please click here.
• The First Selectman’s office has arranged a way to hold virtual Board, Commission, and Committee meetings. Any scheduled meetings will be noticed with the Town Clerk as well as listed on the town events calendar.
To date, we have no known cases of Covid-19 in Old Lyme to report. However, as you are aware, the availability of testing is expected to change this statistic.
The health and safety of our community, First Responders, volunteers, and town staff is of utmost importance. Please practice social distancing and avoid unnecessary errands to keep us all safe. One thing we can all do is to continue to be good neighbors. Please safely reach out to folks in your neighborhood. A kind, human voice reminds us that we can and will help each other through this.
Timothy Griswold, First Selectman
Christopher Kerr, Selectman
Mary Jo Nosal, Selectwoman