The charge of the Lymes' Senior Center Building Committee is to assess the needs of the building in relation to the programs being offered and, if necessary, oversee the planning and construction of the renovation and/or expansion of the facility.
At a minimum this will include:
- Share and discuss any information already gathered regarding renovation and estimated costs available.
- Review available data on building usage and programs.
- Assess the need for additional space, focusing on square footage needed, flexibility of new space and ADA requirements.
- Develop options/recommendations to address the needs.
- Determine strategy on moving forward, whether planning is done by the committee, or by a professional firm.
- Developing a budget estimate and budget report format.
- Make recommendations to Boards of Selectmen of both towns.
- Other necessary tasks as needed.