Skip Navigation

This table is used for column layout.
U.S. Passport Information
Passport application forms may be obtained and processed at the Old Lyme Probate Court.

Forms are also available from the U.S. Department of State web site.  

Click on to find:
How to apply for a U.S. Passport
Passport Application Forms
How to renew a U.S. Passport
How to get a birth certificate
Where to apply for a passport
Travel warnings
How to replace a lost/stolen passport
How to get a passport in a hurry
How to change a name in a passport
Foreign Visa & entry requirements

Public Inquiries:

National Passport Information Center:   
1-877-4USA-PPT (1-877-487-2778)
Automated hours: 24 hr./day                                                                     Operator hours:
M-F 8a.m.-8p.m. except Federal holidays

All applicants using the DS-11 application form must appear in person to process their application for passport.  Parental consent of both parents is required for issuance of a passport to a minor under age 14.

Passports are received within 6 weeks of the date of application.

Expedite service is available for an additional fee of $60.00 if you need your passport returned within 2 weeks.  If you have a more urgent departure within 14 calendar days, an appointment is required at the Connecticut Passport Agency, located at:
50 Washington Street, Norwalk, CT 06854.   

Automated appointment system recorded information: 1-203-299-5443.  
Public hours are Mon – Fri 9 a.m. – 4 p.m.

Passport fees for routine service, using DS-11 form:    

10-year Passport - Age 16 & over        $55.00  + $30.00 execution      = $85.00

5-year Passport - Under age 16  $40.00  + $30.00 execution      = $70.00
Passport Renewal by mail - Fee $55.00

52 Lyme St, Old Lyme, CT 06371  (860) 434-1605

Town Hall Hours  Monday - Friday: 9:00 AM - 4:00 PM