TOWN OF OLD LYME
ANNUAL TOWN BUSINESS MEETING
Electors and citizens eligible to vote in Town Meeting are hereby warned that the Annual Town Business Meeting will be held on Monday, January 22, 2007, at 7:30 p.m. in the Middle School auditorium of Regional District #18, Lyme Street, Old Lyme, Connecticut to consider and act upon the following:
1. To accept the Annual Town Report for the fiscal year July 1, 2005 to June 30, 2006, as submitted
by the Board of Finance.
2. To announce the recipient of the Board of Selectmen’s Citizen of the Year for 2006.
3. To adopt an ordinance establishing a Code of Ethics for the Town and creating an Ethics Commission. A copy of said proposed ordinance will be on file in the office of the Old Lyme Town Clerk for inspection after January 17th, 2007.
4. To adopt an ordinance providing for the exemption from Town subdivision regulations of the first sub-division of land by a landowner for affordable housing, as authorized by Section 8-19(b) of the Connecticut General Statutes. A copy of said proposed ordinance will be on file in the office of the Old Lyme Town Clerk for inspection after January 17th, 2007.
5. To adopt an ordinance establishing standards for docks constructed in Old Lyme waters, as administered by the Town’s Harbor Management Commission. A copy of said proposed ordinance will be on file in the office of the Old Lyme Town Clerk for inspection after January 17th, 2007.
6. To adopt an ordinance providing for a Town stormwater management plan and regulations established pursuant thereto. A copy of said proposed ordinance will be on file in the office of the Old Lyme Town Clerk for inspection after January 17th, 2007.
7. To consider and discuss (but not vote on) a resolution:
(a) to appropriate $4,400,000 for the costs related to the expansion of the Town Hall building, including, without limitation, the costs of (i) the design and construction of the Town Hall expansion project and on site and off site improvements and appurtenances related thereto, (ii) the purchase and installation of equipment, fixtures, furnishings and other materials for the foregoing Town Hall expansion project, (iii) the preparation and printing of bid documents, cost estimate reports and studies, informational materials and other preliminary materials, studies and reports related to the Town Hall expansion project, and (iv) design, demolition, construction, materials, site work, land and easement acquisition, engineering, architectural, legal,
administration, temporary and permanent financing and any other costs and expenses related thereto; (b) to authorize the Town to issue and sell its notes and bonds pursuant to the Connecticut General Statutes, as amended, or any other provision of law thereto enabling, in an amount not to exceed $4,400,000 (or such amount as may be necessary after the deduction of grants therefore); and (c) to authorize such other actions relating to the foregoing as may be necessary or appropriate.
The full text of the foregoing authorizing resolution is on file and open to inspection at the office of the Town Clerk, Town Hall, Old Lyme, Connecticut for the use or inspection of any interested person.
All electors and persons eligible to vote in town meetings of the Town are hereby further notified that pursuant to Section 7-7 of the Connecticut General Statutes, as amended, the Board of Selectmen of the Town has removed the above resolution on the call of this Annual Town Business Meeting for submission to the electors and persons of the Town who are eligible to vote at town meetings by paper ballots. The aforesaid resolution shall be placed on the ballots under the following heading:
“SHALL THE TOWN OF OLD LYME APPROPRIATE $4,400,000 FOR THE DESIGN, CONSTRUCTION AND EQUIPPING OF THE TOWN HALL EXPANSION PROJECT AND AUTHORIZE THE ISSUANCE OF BONDS AND NOTES OF THE TOWN IN THE SAME AMOUNT TO FINANCE SUCH APPROPRIATION?”
The vote will be conducted on Tuesday, January 30, 2007, between the hours of six o’clock a.m. and eight o’clock p.m. at the Cross Lane Firehouse, Cross Lane, Old Lyme, Connecticut. Absentee ballots will be available from the Town Clerk’s office. Voters approving the resolution will vote “Yes” and voters opposing the resolution will vote “No”.
8. To consider and act upon any other matters which may properly come before said meeting.
Dated at Old Lyme, Connecticut this 8th day of January, 2007.
TOWN OF OLD LYME
BOARD OF SELECTMEN
Timothy C. Griswold, First Selectman
Arthur E. Sibley, Jr., Selectman
Bonnie A. Reemsnyder, Selectwoman