OLD LYME INLAND WETLANDS AND WATERCOURSES COMMISSION
SATURDAY, SEPTEMBER 29, 2012
PRESENT WERE: Dave McCulloch, Skip DiCamillo, Janet Bechtel and Sabine O’Donnell.
1. Call to order at Fifth Avenue, Miami Beach Association at 8.30 a.m.
2. 8:30 – 12-16- Miami Beach Association- Drainage improvements south end of Fifth Avenue; Restore driveway aprons and disturbed lawn areas.
The commission members walked the site with Michael Girard, Miami Beach Association, Roads Chairman and reviewed the locations of the proposed activities.
3. 8.45 a.m.- Point of Woods-Cemetery Association
The commission members walked the site with Rod Madison, Richard Sagan and
other members of the Cemetery Association. The condition of the existing drainage pipe in and outflow as well as the condition of the existing ditch were reviewed. Commission members noted the three to four to be removed trees on the property.
4. 9.15 a.m.-12-18- Old Lyme Land Trust- Repairing a portion of Riverview Drive and parking area to the Lohmann-Buck-Twining Preserve.
The commission members reviewed the location of the parking area and to be repaired road section of Riverview Road with Christina Clayton, President of the Old Lyme Land Trust. It was suggested to add logs to the gravel portion of the parking area to create a protective buffer to the wetland area behind the parking area.
5. 9.30 a.m.-12-17-Geoffrey and Koni Rich- 9 Tantummaheag Road-Pond Dredging
Commission members walked the site with applicant Scott Brooks. It was suggested to extend the to be dredged area to the stream north of the bridge by about 5 to 10 feet to allow for better flow into the pond area. The creation of a buffer area around the entire pond of 5 to 10 feet to be mown once or twice a year was discussed with the applicant.