Minutes of the Old Lyme Economic Development Commission of the Meeting of 3/1/17
Meeting commenced at 8 AM in the Old Lyme Town Hall. Present were Bob Jose, Howard Margules, Susan Howard and John Stratton
We discussed the following topics:
1. Approved and accepted the minutes of 2/1/17.
2. Real estate news showed 131 units sold for 2016 and currently 111 units for sale with 24 on deposit. The statistics show around a 10% increase in sold units over prior year
3. Discussed further updates on the high speed rail impact through OL
4. Discussed various ideas for the EDC to establish some goals for the upcoming year to promote existing businesses and develop and track new prospects. Potential survey ideas were discussed and to be continued next meeting.
5. Expanded on the impact to the Town of the State’s proposed reductions to their contribution toward the teachers’ pensions. May result in a $1.1MM shortfall.
6.. Meeting adjourned at 8:55 AM.