Minutes of the Old Lyme Economic Development Commission of the Meeting of 1/4/17
Meeting commenced at 8 AM in the Old Lyme Town Hall. Present were Bob Jose, Susan Howard, John Stratton and Howard Margules and Bill O’Meara
We discussed the following topics:
1. Approved and accepted the minutes of12/7/16.
2. Real estate news from Susan showed for the year of 2016 there were 129 closings and 129 on the market.. Statistics remain very similar to last year.
3. Discussed further updates on the high speed rail impact through OL. meeting with Blumenthal et al on schedule for later in month on this issue. Results to be discussed next meeting.
4. Discussed various ideas for the EDC to establish some goals for the upcoming year to promote existing businesses and develop and track new prospects. How can we do a survey on business development within the town and possibly the area?
5. Meeting adjourned at 9:15 AM.