Minutes of the Old Lyme Economic Development Commission of the Meeting of 10/5/16
Meeting commenced at 8 AM in the Old Lyme Town Hall. Present were Bob Jose, John Stratton, Susan Howard, Bill O’Meara and Heather Gagnon.
We discussed the following topics:
1. Approved and accepted the prior month’s minutes.
2. Real estate news from Susan showed for the first 9 months of this year 157 on market for sale and 101 versus 84 closed last year. Statistics were fairly similar to last year and both closed and under contract has increased. Also the South Lyme Motel has closed for an undisclosed amount and is under more renovation.
3. Discussed further updates on the high speed rail impact through OL.
4. Continued discussion on the impact of declining public school populations throughout the state and the effect on Old Lyme.
5. Meeting adjourned at 9 AM.