Minutes of the Old Lyme Economic Development Commission of the Meeting of 3/2/16
Meeting commenced at 8 AM in the Old Lyme Town Hall. Present were Bob Jose, John Stratton, Howard Margules, Bill O’Meara, Susan Howard, Heather Gagnon, Joe Camean and guest Lenny Corto
We discussed the following topics:
1. Approved and accepted the prior month’s minutes.
2. No local real estate update due to time constraints.
3. Presentation by Lenny Corto on business ideas and zoning requests to the town looking to improve and expand operations at the Sugar Shack and take over and open a deli/ market in the former site of the donut shop on Hartford Ave and looking for some designated parking and outside dining permission from the Town and Soundview Commission. General feeling among EDC members was positive believing that increased business in the Soundview area is good for most on the street. Discussed following up with a letter to the town supporting presentation.
4. Discussion led by Howard on the information presented by the State at a business seminar in E. Hartford. State has funded a business report from McKinsey on new business drivers. He reported that the State has lots of money for small businesses. Also discussed tourism and arts as a driver within the State as well
5. Continued discussion on the economic drivers for Old Lyme with ideas from all.
6. Meeting adjourned at 9:10 AM.
NOTICE: Messages to or from the Town of Old Lyme domain are subject to the Freedom of Information statutes and regulations.