Old Lyme residents are served by a Regional Shelter administered by the Red Cross.
Our Regional Shelter, located at the East Lyme Middle School on Society Road, will open at 5pm today.
Directions to East Lyme Middle School:
Take I-95 North to Exit 73. At bottom of ramp turn left onto Society Road. At stop sign, bear left. School is on left approximately ¼ mile ahead.
If you decide to go to the Regional Shelter, you are encouraged to bring the following things with you:
- Medical Supplies: prescriptions, eyeglasses, dentures
- Baby Supplies: diapers, formula, baby needs
- Toiletries: toothpaste & brush, shampoo, comb
- Clothing: A change of clothing and extra pair of shoes
- Bedding: A pillow, blanket or sleeping bag
- Keys: car keys and house keys
- Important Documents drivers license, birth certificates, insurance policies
- Phone Numbers: Include emergency numbers for family, friends, doctor, insurance company, bank
If you bring your pet to the Regional Shelter, please bring:
Pet food and bowl
DO NOT BRING: valuables, weapons, non prescription medications
Phone the Old Lyme Emergency Operations Center for further assistance: 860 598 0120
In an emergency, call 911